- The 7-day ‘First PokéStop of the Day’ streak will now award a random Evolution item.
- Minor text fixes.
This new bonus will prove a big Pokemon Go update for those who have yet to gain all the new Evolution Items needed to change out their Gen 1 Pocket Monsters.
When the Gen 2 update was first released, fans had to head back outside and hit their local Poke Stops… a lot.
This is because the only way to grab those vital evolution items was by spinning those bad boys… Over and over like last year.
Evolution items are required for some evolutions such as Scyther to Scyzor, which requires Metal coat. Evolution items come out of Poke Stops and are consumed once used.
For pokemon with branched evolutions such as Slowpoke or Gloom, players have the choice of two evolution buttons, allowing them to choose which new Pocket Monster they want.
This isn’t the same for Eevees, however, who still only has one button.
The other big issues with Evolution items is that the chance of grabbing them from a Poke Stop is extremely low, causing many players a lot of frustration.
While Niantic haven’t confirmed the spawn rate, it appears it could be as low as just 1 per cent, so this new update could help a lot of trainers out.
Here’s what Evolution items you need for each Pokemon:
- Dragon Scale: Used to turn a Seadra into a Kingdra, which will also require 100 Horsea candies.
- King’s Rock: Evolves Poliwhirl into a Politoed with a 100 Poliwag candies needed, as well as turning Slowpoke into Slowking, with the help of 50 candies.
- Metal Coat: Because who doesn’t need a giant metal beast? 50 candies required to changes Onix into Steelix and Scyther into Scizor.
- Sun Stone: Helpful for Grass-type fans, transforms Gloom into Bellossom at the cost of 100 Oddish candies.
- (Also needed for Gen 2 Sunkern transformation into Sunflora.)
- Upgrade: Smooth out those edges by changing Porygon for a Porygon 2 with 50 candies.
Here’s a list of other Candy amounts needed for Gen 1 – Gen 2 crossover Pokemon:
- Eevee to Umbreon requires 25 Eevee candies, nickname Tamao for 100% chance
- Eevee to Espeon requires 25 Eevee candies, nickname Sakura for 100% chance
- Chansey into Blissey costs 50 Chansey candies
- Golbat into Crobat for 100 zubat candies