A new update for Pokemon Go is rolling out, which allows adds catch bonuses and training up to six Pokemon at friendly gyms.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms.
- The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time.
- Minor fixes
The new improvement in the number of Pokemon you can now train at the Gym is really helpful. You can now take up to six Pokemon to battle at friendly Gym. Also, you can now temporarily downgrade the CP of the Pokemon you are fighting against during your training session. With it one player reported that they were able to earn 2000 prestige, even though high CP level Pokemon were used to defeat 7 defending Pokemon’s.
Catch bonus is also useful as there have been reports of better catch rate with higher medals.