If you’re still playing Pokemon Sun or Moon (especially ahead of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon’s release on November 17), you might want to know that you can get a free Legendary (or Mythical, depending on what you want to call it) Pokémon right now. By buying Pokemon Gold or Silver on the Nintendo eShop, you’ll be given a code that allows you to unlock a free Celebi in Pokémon Sun or Moon, the first way to get your very own Celebi in those games, bar trading it with friends.
You’re also able to wait, and use it in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, if you’d like to give yourself a bit of a headstart there. It’s pretty simple to do, too. The instructions are as follows:
To get your code for Celebi –
- Launch Nintendo eShop in your Nintendo 3DS System.
- Select Menu in the top-left corner.
- Select Settings/Other.
- Select Account Activity.
- Select View Receipt on your Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver purchase.
- The serial code will be displayed in the purchase details.
To redeem your code in Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, or Ultra Moon:
- Write down the code from your Pokemon Gold or Pokemon Silver game.
- Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
- Select Receive Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, and then Yes again to connect to the internet.
- Enter your code.
- Watch as you receive Celebi.
- Speak to the delivery person in any Pokemon Center to pick up Celebi.
You’ve then got to save, or risk losing that Celebi forever, so, y’know, please do save your game afterwards.
This offer is running until September 31, 2018, with codes redeemable until October 31, 2018. No pressure to rush on it, then. Pokemon Gold and Silver are available to purchase on the Nintendo eShop now, for a more nostalgic Pokémon fix.
Follow Us on Twitter , on Facebook and Subscribe to our YouTube channel.